I had planned on an article about insomnia teas and drinks today. However, when I checked my WordPress account this morning, I was delighted to find I had been nominated by Jyotsna at Artpsycho, for an awesome blogger award! YEAH!! So, I decided to do the award article right away, instead of delaying things as I usually do! 🤪
THANK YOU SO MUCH JYOTSNA! I am honored you thought of me for this wonderful award. I love doing these awards. They’re so much fun. 😊
- Thank the person who nominated you. ✔️
- Tag the post with #awesomebloggeraward. ✔️
- Answer at least 5 of the questions you were asked (You can also answer all that is offered on your platter) ✔️
- Nominate at least five bloggers and inform them of their nomination. ✔️
- Give them a minimum 5 new questions to answer. ✔️
My answers to Jyotsna’s questions
- When and why did you start your blog and what keeps you going since it’s inception?, and what are the top topic(s) that make your blog? I have 2 active blogs. This little blog started June 12, 2019. My main blog, Purple Almond Wellness, began in July, 2015 However, out of fear, I did nothing with the blog until 1 1/2 years later, in December, 2016. The current topic for this blog are cooking tips and recipes for brain health, insomnia and whole body wellness. This site supports and provides food/recipes for those same topics at Purple Almond Wellness.
- What is your profession, what do you do for a living? I am a nutrition consultant and wellness educator
- What keeps you busy in this current situation and what are the habits of now that you want to take with you when you are back to your usual way of living? I recently graduated from graduate school, and hope to make blogging my main profession and source of education. Since I work from home, my situation hasn’t changed that much. The main difference is that my husband and college age son are both home with me everyday. That took some getting used to. My husband and I are implementing some new healthier lifestyle changes, since we have more time together. I hope to take these changes with me when things “get back to normal”.
- What are the positive and negative effects that you have faced in this current situation? The negative side would be being isolated from other family. My mom was sick a couple of weeks ago, and I was unable to go and see her. Also, my family loves to travel, hike, go on picnics, go out to eat, etc. We are pretty active people. Being told to stay home is quite difficult. The positive side is absolutely spending more time with my husband and son. I didn’t realize how little time we spent together until this situation cropped up.
- What is/are the first thing(s) that you would like to do when you step out of this ‘new normal’? I’d love to go camping in the mountains. Getting out in nature and experience the fresh air and forest would be awesome. That sounds pretty good to me right now.
- Where would you like to travel in this season if you were allowed to step out? (I would love take a bunch of recommendations in form of a list, thank you!) My bucket list includes visiting all 7 continents…yes including Antarctica. I don’t foresee this ever happening. I’ve looked into cruises out of Chile down to Antarctica and they are rather pricey. With that said, for this season, I’d love to go to Egypt, visit the Greek Isles, or take a cruise to either South America or Alaska.
- Are you an introvert/extrovert or do you belong to any other category? And what are the perks of where you stand? I’m definitely an introvert. I don’t do well in crowds at all. I never know what to say and I’m horrible at small talk. I’m usually the one at the party standing awkwardly in the corner of the room. I’ve always been better at writing that speaking. It’s odd though, teaching people does come naturally to me. Social situations are a completely different story. Perks …. of being an introvert? That’s a tough question. I don’t make friends easily, but the friends I do make are quality friends. I’m also quite observant. That happens when you’re standing in the corner of the room..awkwardly. 🤣
Here are my nominees:
To my nominees…I’d absolutely love to hear from you and see your award article. However, under no circumstances should you feel obligated to respond.
- Saira from THE LOCKDOWN CHEF
- Kenny from KOHINGA
- Hannah from HANGRY HANNAH
- Tiffany from INSPIRATION FOR WELLNESS
- Natalie from ETERNAL OCEAN OF WORDS
My questions for the nominees:
I’ve decided to make my questions just fun out of the blue questions. I think of it as a distraction from our “current situation”
- If You Could Ask Advice From Any Historical Figure, Who Would It Be? What Would You Ask Them?
- If You Had A Theme Song, What Would It Be and why? (post a youtube link to your song if you can find it!)
- If You Could Write One New Law That Everyone Had To Obey, What Law Would You Create and why?
- The House Is On Fire, But Everyone Is Safely Out, The Pets Are Safely Out, And All Wallets/Cash Are Saved. If You Could Make One Last Dash To Get Something, What Would It Be..and why?
- If You Were Given One Thousand Acres Of Land, What Would You Do With It?