I threw this salad together yesterday as a quick lunch. I am currently working on cleaning out my pantry and had some gluten-free spaghetti to use. I also had some left over pepperoni from making homemade calzones. I always try to keep cheese on hand and Braggs is my go to for bottled vinaigrette.
Why do I use Braggs? Because, sometimes I get lazy, and don’t feel like making my own dressing, so I use bottled dressing. I’m sure many of you can relate. HOWEVER, it is nearly impossible to find bottled dressing that DOES NOT contain soy oil. I like Braggs because it has cold pressed olive oil instead of highly processed soy oil. For this recipe, use your favorite vinaigrette, whether bottled or homemade, the choice is yours.
This recipe came together very quickly and I had a lot remaining. Today, when I had some left over, it was a bit dry, so I added a bit more dressing, to jazz it up.
To add even more flavor to this salad, I’d recommend adding some high quality olives. Kalamata olives are my favorite, but you pick your own. I didn’t add olives this time, mainly because I didn’t have any on hand.
Another optional addition would be to top it with parmesan cheese prior to serving. This would add some zest and a bit of nutty flavor to the dish.
Here’s the recipe!
Quick & Easy Italian Style Pasta Salad
Need a quick lunch or side dish? This comes together in a jiffy.
Credit: Purple Almond Wellness
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni – quartered
- 1 zucchini – quartered and sliced
- 1 red pepper – diced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Brags Vinaigrette (or your favorite homemade recipe
- 4 cups cooked gluten free pasta (I used spaghetti)
- OPTIONAL: Black olives, shredded parmesan cheese, diced red onions
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Chill prior to serving.
- If salad appears a bit dry, add a bit more dressing to taste.