The latest post from my main site: Purple Almond Wellness
We have all watched the news stories and seen videos and photos of the wild fires that are devastating Australia right now. We sit back and feel helpless as homes burn, peoples lives are lost or endangered and most of all, millions of innocent animals lives are lost.
Here are some statistics:
- 480 million animals have died as a result of the fires
- 30% of New South Wales koalas killed
- 28 people are missing in Victoria
- Over $50 million a day lost.
- 11.3 million acres destroyed, an area larger than the Netherlands.
- 2,500 buildings destroyed
- Air pollution in Sydney makes breathing equivalent to smoking 37 cigarettes.
How you can help
Unless we’re firefighters, it’s likely we can’t go down and help directly. However, there are ways to help from a distance. Almost all organizations are asking for financial donations, instead of goods, or physical…
View original post 466 more words