I decided to start a cooking journal, to coincide with my lifestyle and fitness journal from my main site. This journal will be a log of my adventures as I teach myself more about cooking, baking and making my own recipes. I hope you’ll join me on this new venture!
Cookbooks & DVDs
Most of what I know about cooking was self taught as well as learned through observing my mother and grandmothers cook. I also learned many healthy cooking techniques at Hawthorn University. It is my dream to one day go to school to become a Natural Food Chef. However, Until then, I will continue to learn on my own.
As you can see in the photos above, I have 2 very large cookbooks, as well as a Great Courses DVD.
- America’s Test Kitchen Cooking School Cookbook -weighing in at just over 6 pounds and 2 inches thick, this book is HUGE!
- How to Bake Everything By: Mark Bittman- not as big, but still quite large, this book weighs in at a little over 3 pounds and about an inch thick.
- The Everyday Gourmet: Rediscovering the lost art of cooking. This is a DVD set through Greatest Courses. I’ve had it for awhile. My son and I started the classes together a few years ago, but never finished the course. I’ll be going back to the beginning and working my way through. The courses are taught by an instructor from the Culinary Institute of America.
- America’s Test Kitchen
- All Recipes Cooking School
- Skill share Cooking Classes
- Chef 2 Chef
- MIT Kitchen Chemistry
- Delia Online
- Texas A & M Dinner Tonight
- NY Times-cooking with the times
- The Culinary Cook
- Master Class
As part of this journal, I’ll try as many of these as I can over time. Some are free and some cost money. We’ll see which ones are worth the price. I’ll also let you know if I find any more.
When I started looking for online courses, I had no idea there were so many. The ones listed here are just the main ones I found.
I absolutely LOVE cooking. Any excuse to spend more time in the kitchen works for me. Making it part of my blog and future business is just icing on the cake!
How did you learn to cook? What would you like to learn? Is there anything you’d like to see me try? Let me know in the comments below
Until next time…namaste my friends!